Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: I am selling Nihonomaru or Shutting it down

Default Re: I am selling Nihonomaru or Shutting it down

piecrustyumyum

NVM I had false information, ignore this post lol

La Rouge

Hi everyone, few members pmed me about a lower pledge on Patreon in order to help with the server fee, so i've created a $10 pledge, i figured not everyone can afford to pledge $20. Remember everyone's help add up, small amounts do add up when others help. We're in the middle of January and in 2 weeks the server payment will come up again. Whatever amount shows on the 1st of every month is the amount that gets dispersed toward the server.

I was hoping to complete a certain part of the homepage project then launch it, but i think i will roll the update soon and work on it as time presume with the developer. I am also looking for a new active staff to pick up the pace, i was speaking with Elly a week ago, so we will announce position for staff soon.

Please don't pm me unless it is serious Inquiry.

Spoiler!

TB74

Just a question from a newcomer looking for a friendly anime forum...

Have you thought about a 5$/month pledge? While 10$ isn't much, it can be 10$ too much when considering what people put their money into. A 10$/mo. on Netflix here, a 10$/mo. on CrunchyRoll there, another 5$/mo. on a gaming server, etc., and at the end of the month, people realize they can't afford to pledge 10$/mo. on yet another website, but they might if the pledge was 5$/mo. or lower. Better have 1,000 people pledge 2$/mo. than only 13 people pledging 20$/mo. in the end, I guess.

Now, I'm not exactly well-versed in Patreon economics, so I suppose there is a minimum pledge amount that you need to make managing all this worth it. I suppose it's not easy to know where to draw the line. The question is, which is easier: to find 200 people committed enough to the website to pledge 10$/mo. or to find 1,000 people who will pledge 2$/mo.?

I supposed you already did the maths, so I'm probably just moving air instead of ideas, here. But I would sure be more interested in becoming a Patron if I could pledge in 5$/mo. or even 2$/mo., as I'm currently living on student loans (though I earn some money teaching part-time).

I hope this community will live long.

kevin-kun likes this.

La Rouge

Hi TB74, thank you for your feedback. I can create a $5 pledge. I will go ahead and create one. I am currently taking care of some front end improvements to the homepage. The goal is really to pay the server without having to deal with the additional stress of paying the difference every month myself. We are 2 weeks away from next month bill and we haven't reached the $450 goal. As much as I love what i am doing for many years, i dislike this burden it places on me financially.

Something I use to work on as a hobby, turned into a stressful responsibility. My choices are, do i give up on it and not deal with this additional stress. But I am always thinking about what will happen to all the members this site brought together or do i try to keep pushing forward for new solutions which i am trying to do. One thing for sure, we all need to work together to survive this phase.

Few sneak peak

Last edited by Rina Touin; 01-24-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Spoiler!

TB74

Quote Originally Posted by Rina Touin View Post
    Something I use to work on as a hobby, turned into a stressful responsibility. My choices are, do i give up on it and not deal with this additional stress. But I am always thinking about what will happen to all the members this site brought together or do i try to keep pushing forward for new solutions which i am trying to do.
    Just pledged 5$/month on your Patreon. I'll keep it up for as long as I can and, hopefully, I will be able to increase my pledge once I've completed my degree and started working. Not much, but if 200 members can contribute 5$/month, it will quickly add up to a decent amount.

Should you be forced to shut down Nihon o Maru, I hope some members will keep the forums alive. I think most people would survive the loss of a certain part of Nihon o Maru, but the loss of the forums would be a much harder blow to the community... Just my opinion, anyway.

Last edited by TB74; 02-08-2017 at 12:37 AM.
    nihonbashi and Mishuela like this.

La Rouge

Hi everyone, this is reaching a critical point when the monthly donation is only $173 and you're asking me to bare the rest.

I am going to try to keep this site alive until i can't do it anymore and it will shut down without any advance notice. The monthly fee is $450 to maintain this site, for me to pay the difference is not only a burden on myself but will harm me financially than do good when i have to bare the difference.

Spoiler!

Bishie lover

Ugh, I thought more people decided to donate... I guess I was wrong... Come on, people, if a few of us do it, it will be easy to gather the money!

Thank you, Sancta, for the awesome set!!!

Shiva

A Suggestion -

If Possible then add donation bar for the goal on the site , & make it so that what ever page we open we can see the donation bar & also provide a clickable link from where user can donate

& also below that i would say provide one more clickable link for this post for discussion

i wish i could donate a little but even if i want to i cant atm , i dont have cc , here banks dont allow it unless i have a job and i m student :(

Thanks

Last edited by sandha; 03-03-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Ifrit

(I didn't read all the posts on this thread.) Maybe people can donate stuff and we could have a raffle?

Unknown

It just dawned on me that I have been a member of this site since late 2008 and have not posted once. I suppose there's a first time for everything. Kind of hard to ignore the dilemma now that this thread has caught my eye. I'm not employed so I doubt I'll be of much (or any) assistance in easing the burden. It can be food for thought for me for the time being. I'm a bit tired of promising websites going kaput over the years so I'll inspect my own situation before going forward.

Am I correct in assuming what is listed on that patreon link announcement is the amount you have towards the server per month?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast