• No new messages
Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: I am selling Nihonomaru or Shutting it down

Default I am selling Nihonomaru or Shutting it down

La Rouge

Hello Everyone,

This is not typically the news you want to hear in 2016 but this site has become a burden on me. We don't have donation, the vip section is not helping enough to pay for the monthly server and i don't have the time i use to have. So i am considering 3 options.

1. Close down the site because it is a burden on me.
    2. Give it to members who will take care of it and pay for the monthly server.
    3. Try to sell it.

I've had many visions for this site. I've started it when i was high school. My vision carried out throughout my undergrad and now grad school. The amount of care and money i spend improving Nihonomaru was more than any other webmaster in the anime or hentai industry and that is a fact. It just never pays back. I appreciate all the support and those who stood by me all these years.

I hope 2016 brings you more joy and happy memories.

Rina Touin

Please don't pm me unless it is serious Inquiry.

Spoiler!

Default Re: I am selling Nihonomaru or Shutting it down

Ifrit

this is going to be a downer since i have surf this forum since 2008..but all things must end eventually though i hope it wouldn't...it was an enjoyable ride with great memories (h & non-h) at this forum and hope you will be successful in your future undertakings...

Sirius

Wut about Pixy Fox Rina-sama :(

Spoiler!

Legendary Phoenix

Awww I just saw this announcement on Facebook and it's really sad and disappointing to hear though understandable if there is no time and no money anymore. I've also been a member since 2008 and this site has been awesome, I can spend hours on here and not get bored, talking in threads or chat, playing games and this is the only forum I know of that keeps yaoi manga and anime alive! I hope someone says they want to buy it from you and so keeps the site up n running I really do!!

Eternal Blue likes this.

Thanks to Arawn-Sama4 the wonderful Bleach gift set! xD
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KatieMH <----- My Anime List
    http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/KatieMH <---- My Manga List

Viking

I check Niho everyday, gonna miss it. Only if I could win big on lotto, but that's just a stupid dream.
    Whatever happens do, I will have great memory of all members unknown and known.
    If Niho stay online I will be thrilled but nothing will be the same without you Rina!! :)

GL & HF! =)

Katie24 and Eternal Blue like this.

Bishie lover

Niho has always been like a second home to me so I would be really sad if it disappears entirely.... It would be nice if things get solved in a different way than shutting it down...

Katie24 and ~gogo~ like this.

Thank you, Sancta, for the awesome set!!!

La Rouge

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. I am exploring several options, we have an open donation via Patreon https://www.patreon.com/Nihonomaru?ty=h but not many are donating like back in the days (there was no donation for the past few month) and if we are going to pull this, i need the help from those who care. I am currently on my winter break but soon I will be back to my regular busy real life schedule and it comes to a point where either niho be a stress free for me or not.

I can't keep asking for donation and sending reminders, i hate that and members aren't working together to help with the monthly server fee $250. There is a lot members can do if they work together to pull this but i am not seeing it and it is been all thrown on my shoulder to take care of things for quite sometime now.

The vip isn't helping a lot like it use to be.

I saw many lurking this topic but not enough working together, i don't know what to make of this.

Rina Touin*, midoriko83, Jar4ek, nana9353, JaMeZ88007, grimmwolf, pankpinkponk, Ferick, MooImASheep, kebeakenname, evilbat, vn02596093, fgump, Omega1015, Katie24, piggy01, hibou28, StraberryPye, Crimson Lotus, Illirian, ChGarlic, Akkya, Mishuela, nicomcse, zelgamuth, beastcaller, mihisachi, sidjenkins, LucifersKin, Eternal Blue, tangoes, targetsaw, jsb, OmgHi, asai64, Lukedonia, kavetch, rainbow097, Arian2, CeFoWn, Maartjana, chomainde, MaruYashiroro, Securator2, free0light

Others came with hateful messages or happy to see this news, so they got banned. Not even sure why come to a place they don't like.

Are we going to help each others and pull this together or let things die, i've built this community with years of hard work but it is reaching a point where i can't anymore, my time is getting busy and i put more money on a site that becomes a burden. I have all these unannounced features that were already coded but i didn't even get a chance to reveal them because of this server stress. If i gain nothing from niho, why should i bare the responsibility to spend every month $250 on the server + the cost of web developing. That is the truth, if haters out there want to assume and go on their hating bandwagon, well you've always knew my answer "I don't care about your drama since 2007" If anyone knows better, it is nihonomaru staff who were helping but they couldn't at some point.

Last edited by Rina Touin; 01-03-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Spoiler!

Viking

You did your best Rina!! Pretty lame with hateful messages!
    Being a hardcore donator but I wish several could join the team to keep Niho, for this awesome site with it contents and awesome users.
    It's also hard with Hentai VIP with Velka not being on time with releases and no communication makes it even harder.
    I hope for the best! =)
    EDIT: I expect since it is December the releases has been late because we all deserve a break with christmas holidays and time with family and begin work next year! :D

Rina Touin and soahsu like this.

La Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by CeFoWn View Post
    You did your best Rina!! Pretty lame with hateful messages!
    Being a hardcore donator but I wish several could join the team to keep Niho, for this awesome site with it contents and awesome users.
    It's also hard with Hentai VIP with Velka not being on time with releases and no communication makes it even harder.
    I hope for the best! =)
    EDIT: I expect since it is December the releases has been late it's because we all deserve a break and begin work at next year! :D
    I was able to get hold of Velka a moment ago, he is working on it.

I want to see members able to work together and help. If this site closed. The community will be dispersed and what i had planned will not be released because of this server burden.

Few unannounced features

Manga reader http://www.nihonomaru.net/manga , http://www.nihonomaru.net/katakoi-go...gokko/33/page1
    Legal video streaming http://www.nihonomaru.net/anime/featured
    Manga List implemented http://www.nihonomaru.net/profile/ri...n.1/manga_list
    MAL import list http://www.nihonomaru.net/profile/basic_information
    Discussion for all the anime and manga titles so members can discuss the latest titles http://www.nihonomaru.net/boards/ , http://www.nihonomaru.net/boards/det...-discussion-11

For everyone: At the end of the day, i need to feel my time is well spend and my hard work pays off when members work together. I can't work on something when all i receive is stress and burden, everyone has their own life too.

Last edited by Rina Touin; 01-03-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    elalho and kyashi309 like this.

Spoiler!

Unknown

i don't even have a credit card to donate but if my reading/downloading/streaming/playing games here is what'll make me help just lil bit i do it and will do it. coz nihon is my heaven and Rina and the other operators/uploaders.
    i hope it'll get well soon, it's really sad seeing nihon go away... but if that''s the only solution then i can understand, you worked harder than anyone for us

Rina Touin and elalho like this.

Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast